First Meetup for GreeningofStreaming!
Time & Location
About the Event
This inaugural get together of the GreeningofStreaming forum aims to introduce, inform and engage an audience who are interested in sustainability and energy / power managment within the Internet, telecoms, software and electronic engineering industries as they collaborate to create the ecosystem underpinning the exploding 'streaming' industry.
With varying reports about how much of the world's energy is now being consumed by Internet based activities alone, and with streaming becoming the dominant traffic and use case, architects of streaming systems are faced with the fact that thier design considerations, when deployed at scale, may significantly impact the worlds energy demand.
To that end we have invited some key actors and observers to drive an interesting series of presentations on these topics, and then we aim to guage collective industry interest to collaboratively produce a Best Practice white paper for our sector. Hopefully this means YOU will become involved in the discussion and help to drive the output with us!
2 hour Agenda:
- Welcome from Nick Lansman, Dom Robinson and Tim Siglin (15min)
- Presentation by George Kamiya (The IEA) examining the state of power consumption by Streaming Infrastructures (15min)
- Akamai Case Study: Keeping Emmissions In Check During Unprecedented Internet Use (10min)
- Limelight Networks Case Study: Cutting Power Consumption While Expanding Capacity (10min)
- Panel Discussion (30min)
- Opening to Floor for brainstorm focussing on industry collaboration to produce 'Best Practice' White Paper (40min)
All are welcome. There is no obligation to participate, however those who are interested to become involved in the longer term discussions will be invited to join future meetings and workshops.
15 minutesWelcome from Nick Lansman, Dom Robinson and Tim Siglin (15min)
15 minutesPresentation by George Kamiya (The IEA) examining the state of power consumption by Streaming Infrastructures